Saturday, November 30, 2013

So Much to be Thankful For.


                   

                I am not even sure where to begin my heart is so full.......

               
              
               The last week was hectic to say the least. My husband and I spent Tuesday  baking pies with a good friend  and the following day I was able to spend the evening with a dear friend making cake pops and Oreo turkeys. While our six children ran around the yard in the dark with flashlights laughing and screaming. All this in preparation for one day. A day we get to spend with our families being Thankful for the Lord's blessings in our lives.  I feel so blessed to have been able to spend the whole week being reminded of all the people God has put in my families life who love us.

             So much work has to go into one meal but in the end it is all worth it, to be able to have this patchwork of people who have all walked their own roads and many of them not easy ones to walk, to come together under one roof. This group of people who's one tie that binds them all is,  family  and  for one day all feels right with the world. Among the chaos,  with people running every which way,  I stopped to notice all the laughing and smiling faces. To see cousins biking and skateboarding together like this is just the way it always is.

                 I saw Aunts and cousins that I haven't seen in years but the love I feel for those people is so ever present.  It amazes me how accepting children are when they are told this is your family, no questions are asked they just accept them. I am not sure when I will see them again, my hope is that we will all be together again at Christmas, maybe it won't be until next Thanksgiving. I don't know but I do know that it won't be a day I soon forget. I am sure it is a day that most of my family will remember.  A  day we were Thankful for having family, having a place to be ourselves with people who love us and of course so much delicious food!

            I pray that you too will take a moment to really be Thankful for the family God has blessed you with.


                                                                 Hugs.....Naomi


For more check out my Facebook page.....
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspirations-From-A-Crafty-Girl/540223316016643?ref=hl
                

No comments:

Post a Comment