Monday, January 13, 2014

Valentines Banner


              I know that I am not the only one who likes to decorate for the holidays but for me it all starts the first week of September. I start by putting up all of my fall decor ie. leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins and fall colored banners. Fall is my favorite season so I have to get in as much of the season as I can.
  
            In October I add to all the fall decor by adding all my Halloween decor. I don't  do scary, I go a little more whimsical, it suits my style and my kids don't like scary. Once Halloween is over I take down the Halloween decor and add all my Thanksgiving decorations.  And then the day after Thanksgiving, not a day later, down comes all the fall decor and up goes Christmas! I know I have a few friends who can relate :)
 
                I enjoy every minute of December with all the green garland and white twinkling lights but then sometime during the week after Christmas, if it even last that long, it all comes down! Why? I don't know, but it does. Then for a couple a days following I do what I call "my after Christmas clean-up" a little like Spring cleaning. At that moment I really enjoy how clean and tidy the house looks and after having all the extra decorations up for the last four months, I really enjoy how much less cluttered the house looks. And just like that it is over :(

                   I say all of that because now it almost the third week and January and I find myself with Christmas blues. I miss all the decorations and the festive air. The decor adds such a warmth to home it evokes such nostalgia for Christmases past and the time spent with family. So next year I am going to be prepared with decorations to celebrate Christmases coming and going the ringing in of the New Year.  
 
                 But for now with Valentines so close I'll just decorate for  Valentines instead.  Here is a cute and simple banner I've created to celebrate. 

                                                                       
            
  Sorry it isn't the best picture.
    All you need to create this banner is fabric, buttons, yarn or ribbon in this case I used both, felt, batting and hot glue.
 
 
The triangle flags are just square fabric cut and folded over the yarn and then glued. The buttons on both the flag and the hearts is just glued on. They can of course be sewn on if you prefer.
 
 
The hearts are created out of white and red felt. I have sewn two pieces together and then stuffed them with a little bit of batting. The hearts can be glued together as well. The hearts are hanging with a piece of red ribbon.
 
Please make sure to follow up with me on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspirations-From-A-Crafty-Girl/540223316016643. The plan for this following week is to create a banner for my fireplace mantle.
 
Hugs.....Naomi




No comments:

Post a Comment