Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Safari Themed Birthday

  

                  
              This crafty girl has been busy busy. We just celebrated our daughter's 8th birthday and she loves her some big cats or any kind of cats for that matter :) So in honor of her love for big cats. I threw  her a big cat/safari themed birthday. This year , as with most years, I was on a budget. So the goal was to make what decorations I could with things I already had. As well as some great party activities to keep the kiddos entertained.


                                                            

 
      As some of you might know I love making banners! So first on on my list was to create a safari themed banner. I created this banner with fabric I had on hand, buttons, felt and ribbon from a previous project.

                          
 Again with fabric I already had, I sewed and painted a table runner with "big cat" paws. The candle lamp I already had and I was able to purchase a few party favors from Oriental Trading Company for really inexpensive.
 
These signs greeted our guest at the front door. They are just boxes covers in paper and then hand painted.
And this one was inside....
 
 
Cupcakes were just a box mix. The trees are made from pretzels and melted white chocolate. The animal were purchased at Party city.
 
 
These are the little party animals! They created animal masks made from construction paper,  paper plates and felt. They also made binoculars from toilet paper rolls, duct tape and yarn. After they were finished the kids went on a "safari" to search for these little guys....
There were 12 safari animal babies and once they were finish with the safari the kids got to keep one of the baby animals. I purchased these from Oriental Trading as well.
 

Please make sure to check me out on my facebook page https://www.facebook for more updates and inspriations.
 
 
Hugs......Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment